The photolithography area is equipped with 2 mask and substrate aligners (Suss MicroTec MA6/BA6) with front side (0.5µm) or back side (1µm) alignment as well as a ccoupler for thermo-compression or anodic bonding (SB6e). Use in UV allows patterning from 800 nm and use in Deep UV from approx. 500 nm.
Expertise and know-how: some highlights
- Air Bridge Technology metal by electrolysis (2 to 5µm) using a resin bilayer.
1. Air bridge, 2µm Au electrolysis (optoelectronics team)
- Cap layer sorting for lift off of metal deposits made by sputtering
2. Lift off of a 3µm Au deposit made by sputtering (NAM6 team)
- Thick resins (SPR, AZ15NXT) for making very deep engravings up to Via-hole by deep dry etching process
3. High aspect ratio structures SPR220 4µm on Si (CSAM team)
Expertise and know-how: other
- Production of structured resin masks (from 300 nm to some 40 µm thick) for dry etching (ICP, RIE, DRIE, RIBE) or wet etching of materials.
- Realization of bi or trilayers of resins as protective masks for implantation, for metallic deposits (evaporation or spraying by the lift-off technique), for electrolysis (Au, Cu, ...)
- Realization of specific annealing with control of the temperature ramps allowing to minimize the constraints in the polymer or for the transfer of materials (graphene, parylene,...).
- Use of thick resins (3 to 5µm) as front protection during mechanical or laser cutting.