Thermal or anodic bonding (Suss MicroTec SB6e) with alignment allows for thermocompression or anodic bonding of substrates from 1 to 4 inches. We perform proximity (200µm spacer) or contact bonding of substrates with an alignment accuracy of 1 to 3 µm depending on material constraints. The use of a graphite pad (500µm) minimizes stresses and bonding can be performed under N2 purge or secondary vacuum.
Expertise and know-how: some highlights
- Thermocompression adhesive bonding of aromatic epoxy resins. Use for microfluidics, swicth cap, MEMs, optoelectronics...
1. Bonding Glass / BCB/ Si (200µm)/ BCB/ Glass for microfluidics (Biomems group)
– Metal bonding (low T° or T° 340°C)
-Au/Au diffusion (340°C) for via-hole interconnection in microfluidics, MEMs
-Au, Cu bonding for transfer of materials (GaN, GaAs, InP, LiNbO3..) on Si, GaAs or stainless steel.
-Low T° Ti/Au bonding (200°C) for the transfer of materials (GaAs, InP...) on Si.
-In/In bonding for THz components
2. Transfer of a porous membrane (100nm pores) of 64µm thickness on Si by Ti/Au layer (Aiman group)
- Si/pyrex or Si/Pyrex/Si type anodic bonding with or without Via, used especially in microfluidics
3. Anodic bonding (silicon/glass): creation of a microfluidic channel (Biomems group).
Expertise and know-how: other
- Molecular Si/Si bonding with activation plasma under O2
- Parylene/SiO2 bonding with O2 activation plasma