Dry etching and plasma treatments
Our expertise includes etching of various III/V materials, silicon technology materials such as TaN, TiN, dielectrics, exotic materials such as magnetic, piezoelectric or ferroelectric materials and surface treatments and preparations. To perform these etchings, we have at our disposal 2 RIE systems Plasmalab 80+ (Oxford), a 2-chamber ICP-RIE system Plasmalab 100 (Oxford) and an ICP-RIE system from Sentech. A large number of materials can be etched thanks to the diversity of available gases: N2, O2, Ar, He, SF6, C4F8, CHF3, CH4, H2, CF4, SiCl4, BCl3, Cl2. 4 inch wafers are used but it is possible to etch pieces by simple gluing on a support wafer. We also use RF O2 plasmas (pico) for surface treatments and preparations, as well as a stripper (PVA Tepla 300) for etching and surface preparations by O2/CF4 microwave plasma.
Expertise and know-how: 3 key points
- Controlled etching of III/V materials such as GaAs, InP, InGaAs, GaSb, GaN,... by ICP in a chlorinated medium.
Realization of a GaSb based I-MOSFET (Anode team)
- Control through a comparative study of the selectivity of e-beam resins (PMMA, ZEP, CSAR) in ICP or RIE plasmas of SF6 or Cl2 chemistry
Behavior of ZEP resin during 50 nm pitch 150 nm trench etching (collaborative study of lithography and etching resources).
- Etching of multilayer magneto-electric assemblies
Etching of a PMN-PT microstructure by plasma ICP-RIE Chlorine (Aiman-films group)
Expertise and know-how: other
- Surface treatments and cleaning by O2, SF6/O2 or Ar/O2 plasma
- Surface preparation before anodic or thermal bonding by microwave O2 plasma
- Silicon etching in RIE and ICP-RIE, including Si nanowire formation,...
- Deburring and de-flashing of etching flanks after Bosch process to improve component performance without scaloping