What ? Training on selected THz/MIR experimental techniques
Who ? For all bachelor, master, PhD and graduate students
When ? 30-31 August 2019
Where ? IEMN, Lille University (200 km north of Paris, 1 hr by high-speed train)
The Student Workshop is organized in connection to the 2019 44th International Conference on Infrared, Millimeter and Terahertz Waves (IRMMW-THz 2019) in Paris.
This year the aim of the workshop is to give a comprehensive overview of several selected experimental techniques connected to infrared, millimeter and terahertz science and technology. During the workshop students will follow a short course, and will become familiar with the techniques by attending hands-on practical sessions.
- THz time-domain spectroscopy (TDS) & data analysis
- Electro-optic and photoconductive sampling of sub-mm and THz waves
- Near-field optical microscopy in the mid-IR & THz
- Magneto-optics & nonreciprocal devices from the mid-IR down to mm-waves
- THz communications: antennas and data-links in the 300 GHz band
- Fourier-transform characterization of antenna-based mid-IR detectors
Through this workshop students will gain insight on the basics of the techniques and on current state-of-the-art. Practical sessions will be particularly helpful for students or young researchers who have just entered in the field of THz science and technology.