Master Life Sciences and Technologies (LST)
The Master’s degree » Life Sciences and Technologies » (LST) focuses on innovative and disruptive biomedical technologies for real-time diagnostics and precision medicine. The program responds to the important training challenges that accompany the development of engineering for health and medicine.
Thanks to its interdisciplinary training program, led by highly qualified researchers – clinicians and experts – on the observation, manipulation and quantification of living systems in biology and health, this master’s degree aims to provide theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of life sciences, biophotonics, systems biology and microsystems thanks to research platforms and laboratories around interdisciplinary research projects.
Through a highly interdisciplinary training program based on the observation, handling and quantification of living systems in biology and health, this master aims to:
• Provide extensive knowledge, both theoretical and practical, in the field of life sciences, biophotonics, systems biology and microsystems
• Train in advanced technologies during academic training but also during internships thanks to research platforms and laboratories.
The training is:
• Organized around interdisciplinary research projects. These projects combine personal work and team work made up of students from different backgrounds (physicists, biologists, chemists, mathematicians, computer scientists, electrical engineering).
• Led by highly qualified researchers, clinicians and experts in all the disciplines mentioned above and from universities, research institutes, hospitals and companies.
The training program
All lessons and training courses are taught in English.
• During the first year (M1), students will have to assimilate solid knowledge in life sciences, biophotonics, systems biology and microsystems. Emphasis will be placed on research methodology with an experimental approach to teaching based on research platforms.
• During the second year (M2), students will acquire more in-depth knowledge in these different fields to observe, manipulate and quantify living systems with innovative and disruptive technologies.
Knowlege and skills
- Understanding living systems, from structure to organization, from gene expression to signaling pathways: Fundamentals in cell biology, Cell culture, Biochemistry, Molecular biology, Human pathologies (cancer, diabetes, …), Neuroscience, Nanomedicine
- Mastering and using advanced imaging techniques: Biophotonics, Flow cytometry, High-speed multiparametric analysis, data quantification, Data acquisition, Clinical diagnosis
- Quantifying living systems: Genetic network, Dynamics, Data-based models, Computational biology, Bioinformatics, Data mining, Biophysics
- Mastering and using advanced micro-technology techniques: Micro / Nano fluidics, Micromachining, Micro sensors for living analysis, Surface properties, Laboratory on chip, Organ-on-chips
- Conducting biological and biotechnological development projects: Laboratory project, Ethics, Public health, Clinical, trials, Technological intelligence, Intellectual property, Project management, Entrepreneurship
Justine Dembski: email@example.com
Coordinators and Directors
Head of the Master: Emmanuel Courtade firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of the Master 1: Anthony Treizebré email@example.com
Head of the Master 2: Vincent Thomy firstname.lastname@example.org