Creation of a new resource that is an integral part of the CMNF (Centrale de Micro-Nano-Fabrication), for the development and characterization of microfluidic devices.
- Within this resource, a numerical milling control placed in back-end allows the machining of fluid components (chips in particular), or mechanical components (moulds for example) made of polymers or other hard materials.
- A station dedicated to the manufacture of polymers (mainly PDMS) includes all the equipment necessary for the formulation of polymer blends (planetary mixer, precision balance, degasser, oven, spin-coater …).
- With the PICO plasma frame, cleaning and activation of surfaces is possible.
- A station dedicated to xurography will allow the cutting of thin films of polymers using a tracing knife.
- A KRUSS goniometer is also available for surface characterization for wettability and contact angle measurements.
- Finally, a station dedicated to the control of chips at the end of the process is equipped with a pressure controller and a stereoscopic microscope for the observation of the devices.