Organization of the Near Field Microscopy Platform
Three engineers manage the near field platform. Their main mission is to support research by making their technical expertise available to researchers. This interaction translates daily into:
- Training and advice on the effective use of the instruments
- Management of equipment to provide the highest possible level of service
- The purchase and development of new instruments in accordance with the scientific objectives of the laboratory (see Equipex EXCELSIOR) and the researchers
- The provision of analysis and the realization of studies
Over the last five years, the platform has been involved in 25 theses and in the activities of more than half of the IEMN's research groups.
The microscope fleet is divided into two complementary areas:
- microscopes operating at atmospheric pressure: in the open air or under a controlled environment (or in a liquid). These equipments are available in free access after having followed a short training (1 day)
- microscopes operating under ultravacuum (UHV). This equipment allows total control of the measurement environment (absence of contamination, magnetism, cryogenics, etc.) at the expense of ease of use. These equipments therefore require the assistance of an engineerand/or a long training
The management of the schedule and reservations is done online and in agreement with the engineers for the UHV domain.
Maxime BERTHE, Head PCP
firstname.lastname@example.org 03 20 19 78 63
email@example.com 03 20 19 78 64
firstname.lastname@example.org 03 20 19 78 63