Groupe : COMNUM (Communications numériques)
Permanents : ALOUANI I.-MC (>Sept 2018), BOCQUET M.-MC, CORLAY P.-Pr, COUDOUX FX. -Pr, DAYOUB I. -Pr, El HILLALI Y.-MC, GHARBI M.-MC, RIVENQ MENHAJ A.-Pr, Baranowski S.- HDR, ZWINGELSTEIN-COLIN M.-MC & GAZALET M. (Eméritat)
This group is mainly located in the Opto-Acousto- Electronics Department (DOAE) at The UPHF (Valenciennes).
Research Highlights of this group concern mainly innovative Digital communications applied to Intelligent Transport Systems: V2V and V2I communications based on UWB and ITS-G5, Wireless sensors networks and Cognitive Radio for railway, Deep learning and Multimedia Coding, Cyber security For Connected vehicles and trains. The applications areas concern especially Intelligent Transports systems and their security, the multimedia transmissions, multi-cellular networks and cognitive radio. Key-words: Multi-carrier modulations, Ultra-wide Band, Optical communications, Joint Source Channel Coding, MIMO systems, Cooperative Transport systems, Cognitive radio, PLC, Anti-collision Radar, Advanced perception, ITS-G5, LTE and 5G for V2V and V2I, Cyber-Security, FPGA. The research activities of this group dealing with telecommunications are mainly devoted to terrestrial transportation systems (automotive and railway environment). They include:
- Studies of V2V and V2I communications for automotive and railways areas (LTE, LTE-R, ITS-G5, Zig Bee, UWB, Full Duplex)
- Characterisation of the electromagnetic environment on board trains and study of electromagnetic perturbations induced by a railway sub-station
- Powerline communication on board vehicles. This study focuses on channel characterisation and modelling in order to provide adequate channel coding to overcome for example the problem of impulsive noise
- MIMO communication in tunnels based on the concept of modal diversity to improve the ergodic capacity of the channel and on the development of a new testbed for simulating multipath environment and testing MIMO systems
- Obstacle detection and identification of pedestrians using original radar and image processing based on Artificial Intelligence algorithms (Deep learning, CNN, DBN, …).
COMNUM group participates heavily to the framework of the PIA Railenium IRT (with Shift2rail), 2 ANR projects ‘CORIDOR & CYCLOPE’, INTERCOR European project, C-Roads European Platform and also to 2 successive CPER CISIT and ELSAT programs related mainly to Transport Systems. These give the possibility to collaborate closely with many automotive and railway industrials members. Innovative solutions have been proposed to resolve many problems related to road traffic management (V2V and V2I based on new standard ITS-G5 or on 5G-Full Duplex), Cognitive radio for railway, High data rate wireless link in High Speed Trains (TGV). COMNUM has organized many socio-economic events (seminars for industrial projects, exhibitions mainly in Transports areas, showrooms with an equipped vehicle for obstacle detection “SYFRA” and new V2V communications platform called “ITSCom”). International collaborations: This group has improved this point by developing new collaborations with ETS of Montreal (PhD in co-tutelle and research exchanges), University of California Irvine (Signature of MOU & ERASMUS+ including researchers and PhD exchanges); University of Oulu in Finlande (Research collaboration about Artificial Intelligence for e-health and visiting professor); University of Marrakech, El Jadida and Fez in Morocco and finally University of Concordia (Visiting professor and co-signed papers). Main Supports: ANR, CEF, CPER ELSAT, IRT Railenium, FUI, INTERREG, ERASMUS+, CNRS, UPHF, DirNord, AirBus, VINCI autoroutes.
Contact: Pr Atika RIVENQ MENHAJ, email@example.com
Poster Site COMNUM (Communications numériques)